At The Colony Dentist, we know that General Dentistry is a large subject to cover and involves many topics. While we cannot cover everything on our website. Dr. Hubbell is a General Dentist and can provide almost any general dentistry service you may need.
To ensure that you are taking care of your families (and your own) Oral Health, we encourage our patients to book regular exams and instruct them on good home hygiene habits as the cornerstone of optimal oral health. As well we provide extensive patient education
in-office as well through our website in the form of movies so that you will better understand your specific issues.
When you visit The Colony Dentist we will evaluate your whole mouth, take digital X-rays
, complete a periodontal exam
, and our hygienists
will clean your teeth. Dr. Hubbell will discuss your priorities and recommend a personalized plan so that you can achieve a stunning, healthy smile!
Virtually Pain Free
Unfortunately, we see many people who have neglected their dental care for too long because they're afraid to visit the dentist.
Rest assured that all of our procedures are virtually painless. If you have fear of seeing dentists, we will take time to listen to your concerns and explain in detail what to expect during treatment.
We understand these fears, and have adopted virtually pain free dentistry practices to help our anxious patients get the dental care they need, safely, comfortably, and painlessly.
We use both topical and local anesthetics to numb the surrounding areas of the mouth so you will never feel any pain. We can also administer light sedatives too should you need them. We want you to always feel safe, comfortable and relaxed during your office visits.
For those of you who have been putting of seeing the dentist for years and depending on your degree of discomfort and the extent of the dental work being done, we offer Sedation Dentistry
and other pain free dentistry options.
Did you know that regular Oral-Health prevention checkups can save you thousands on emergency dental procedures?
- Every time you eat food containing sugars and starches, the bacteria in plaque produce acids which attack your tooth enamel for 20 minutes or more. After repeated acid attacks, the tooth enamel begins to break down and a cavity forms.
Gum (periodontal) Disease
- most adults are affected by some form of this disease. It is a major cause of tooth loss and bad breath among adults. Bacteria which feed on the sugars and starches in foods you eat create toxins which irritate the gums. This disease affects the supporting tissues of the teeth. The patient can complain of loose teeth, tender or bleeding gums, sensitive teeth or have no symptoms that they have noticed. There is a growing body of information finding that the infections that cause oral disease, especially chronic gum diseases, may make patients more prone to cardiovascular disease and stroke.
View "About Periodontal Disease"
Elements of a good prevention program:
Prevention analysis with the doctor - every individual is so different. To learn more about you and your oral health Dr. Hubbell and his team have developed a special prevention program interview. Your age, diet, dental history, family history and many other factors are examined. With this information a personal prevention plan can be developed for you.
- Preventative services
- Regular Professional care
- Your Prevention maintenance appointment- so much more than a cleaning
- Prevention counseling and early detection always minimizes the
- need for more involved treatment.
- Good Home Care
- Oral hygiene
- Your personal habits
- Personal involvement
At The Colony Dentist we encourage you to share information and to ask questions throughout our relationship. An informed and involved patient is most likely to achieve the highest level of health, and we look forward to working with you to achieve this.
We invite you to call us at (972) 624-0068 to book your appointment!