Health & Safety
At The Colony Dentist Dental Clinic, we are always concerned about you and your families health and safety!That is why we use many of the innovations in dental technology that are also better for the patient and the planet. In our dental clinic, by using technology that is Eco-Friendly, we can help reduce the waste that our office produces as well as conserve resources & energy. So What is Eco-Friendly Dentistry? Eco-Friendly dentistry is a whole-earth approach to tooth care that reduces the environmental impact of dentistry, considers the Holistic Health of the whole body and creates a caring environment for our clients.
- Our office has been designed to maximize energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We use state-of-the-art dental technology to minimize toxic pollution and water waste.
- Our patients are exposed to 90 percent less radiation with the use of digital imaging technology instead of x-rays for tooth imaging. This also eliminates the need for toxic x-ray development chemicals.
- When using Digital X-Rays there are no lead foils in the film packets which eliminates the lead waste and removes any potential disposal problems. Also there are no chemicals used in processing films which prevents the silver and chemicals from going down the drain and entering our water system.
- By using the CEREC 3D Digital CAD-CAM system, we can generally save more of your existing tooth structure as well as use natural ceramic materials that look and feel just like your existing teeth.
- Use of steam-based, surgical-grade instrument sterilization, contains no harmful chemicals and reduces water use.
- Installation of a special water separator system to remove debris before it enters the waste water which allows for the environmentally sound disposal of old mercury fillings, to prevent pollution of our local water ways.
- Biodegradable sterilization solutions are used to clean examination areas.
- Using Bio-Compatible materials such as ceramics are healthier for long term use versus traditional materials
- Oral Detoxification with Laser Hygiene Technologies
- Salivary Diagnostics for Periodontal Disease
- LED Operatory Lighting
- Digital Oral Cancer Screening
- Digital Impressions
- Digital Patient Charting
- On-site Bio-medical Waste Disposal Systems